A school district's opening plan is based on the 14-day county-level case rate per 10,000 people. Learning models are based on the number of cases, the lower the cases in a county the less restrictive the learning model may be.
The rates are verified with the local Public Health office.
In addition to the lower case rates, the following are also required for in-person and hybrid learning:
- Masking policy
- PPE for direct support student services
- Routines of hygiene education and practices
- Daily cleaning and frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces throughout the day
- Building level COVID-19 program coordinator
- Limiting nonessential visitors, volunteers, and external groups
- Discontinuing large gatherings and activities that do not allow for social distancing
- Monitoring and excluding for illnesses
The following are required in a hybrid learning scenario
- Social distancing of 6 feet at all times in school buildings
- School facilities operate at 50% capacity
- Transportation operates at 50% capacity
- Sufficient staffing levels must be in place